Read more: http://allbloggingtips.com/2012/01/08/add-floating-contact-me-button-to-blogger/#ixzz2ZnpiZgdG expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, September 7, 2012

Week 2 and 3

Okay, so week 2 and 3 have officially passed.  What does that leave... 33 more? I am SO just kidding.  I absolutely love the children that I have the opportunity to work with this year.  We have practiced wanted behaviors for Read-to-Self, Read-to-Someone, and Work-on-Writing.  The children are doing a fabulous job with the expectations of each of these.  This week I introduced Read-to-Someone on Tuesday (the day after a long holiday weekend).  It was a struggle for my children to come up with the ideas of wanted behaviors, but when practicing they did it with ease.  By the end of the week I was able to have them try a half-and-half split.  Half of the students were doing read-to-someone while the other half were doing read-to-self.  When half of the allotted time for reader's workshop had passed I clapped twice and they switched.  Next week, I will be introducing Word Work and Listen-to-Reading.  Once these have been introduced the schedule will finally be on track to normalcy.  My goal for the upcoming weeks is to have 3 types of assessment per lesson that I teach, and use the results to drive my instruction.  I am going to keep it short, because it has been a LONG short week (as we had a school holiday on Monday).  See y'all in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment