Read more: http://allbloggingtips.com/2012/01/08/add-floating-contact-me-button-to-blogger/#ixzz2ZnpiZgdG expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, August 3, 2012

Classroom Organized... Check!


This is the back of my classroom.  This wall will be used for my word wall, an area for each student to display work their are proud of, and for my cafe board.  The word wall does not have any words on it at the moment, but they will be added each week when they are introduced.  The student displays will show work that the students are proud of.... not necessarily uniform.  The Cafe board does not have any strategies currently listed, but they will be added after they are taught.  The students will have a clip with their name on it that they clip to the strategy they are currently working on.  The reading center will take up the entire nook at the back of the classroom, but the library is to the right.  The "I'm Done!" basket is by the left door.  My behavior management system is on the wall on the left.


This is the wall that I originally thought would be my word wall, but instead it is the math wall.  The empty wall space will be used to place anchor charts to review material taught throughout the year.  The shelving on the left are the word work manipulatives and the everyday math manipulatives.  The computer station is in the middle.  The listening station is on the right.

This picture shows you what this wall connects to.  On the left is my classroom library.  In the middle are my manipulatives (word work and everyday math).  On the right is my computer station.



On the left is my small group station.  In the middle I have dots on the window with their color written on them.



This is the same wall as above.  Under the cabinets to the right, I have their mailboxes.  To the right of that is the behavior chart.



This is the front of my classroom.  To the left is our whole group meeting area on the rug in front of the Promethean board. To the right is my small group table.  Thankfully, I was able to trade out my desks for some tables... SO EXCITED about this!




This is my reading nook just as promised... super cozy!  Each student has a laminated piece of paper hanging with 2 clothes pins.  This makes hanging and changing work easy.  I will write each student's name on the top of each sheet so they have a designated place for their work.  It is time consuming to laminate enough paper for each child, but if I have a new student come in all I have to do is use fingernail polish remover to remove a previous name and put up the new students name.  My cafe board will be directly above the reading center so that students can reflect on their goals during independent practice. 


This is my classroom library.  I am not completely satisfied with how I organized my books, but it will do for now.  On my book display I have kid friendly magazines on sports and animals.  This will also be great place to keep books that we make as a class.  This area will be where students "Read to Self".



This is the new and improve behavior system.  The students have a clothes pin with their name on it.  When they are caught making good choices they move their clip from the green bowl beside "All Aboard" to the green bowl beside "On Course".  The "I'm Done!" basket to the right will be used to place ALL completed work (homework, classwork, etc.)


My students will have one folder.  In the morning they will come in and put their book bag on the hook and pull out their folder.  They will empty their folder of completed work into the "I'm Done!" basket.  They will then go to this area and fill their folder with classwork to take to their desk.  At the end of the day when they pack up they will fill the folder with homework to take home.  Oh... and the lunch money basket is just a pencil holder.



These are my Everyday Math manipulatives.  I have labeled all of which I have photographs for.



These are my word work manipulatives.  These will be used for the "Word Work" portion of the Daily 5.



This is my "Math Wall".  I will use this wall to post strategies directly related to math.  I got the idea for posting the minutes around the clock from pinterest.  I placed clear tape on the wall surrounding the clock, and wrote on it directly with permanent marker.  At the end of the year it will peel right off! :)



This is my small group meeting area.  I will use this area to meet with a small reading group or math group.  There are 4 pocket charts hanging.  The first one is for the "Learning Goal".  The second is for the "Common Core Standard".   The third is for the "Essential Question".  The fourth is for the daily schedule.



Due to not having tons of leftover wall space, I purchased these at Target and wrote the name of the color on the largest circle.  It also helps to block out a little light so that we can use our Promethean Board.


No comments:

Post a Comment