Read more: http://allbloggingtips.com/2012/01/08/add-floating-contact-me-button-to-blogger/#ixzz2ZnpiZgdG expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, August 2, 2013

Classroom Setup: Day 1

Let me begin this post by saying that school starts for teachers on August 12th.  As we all know, that first week is full of meetings and planning.  Only small classroom things need to remain on the to-do list at that point.  My husband and I close on our first home at the end of next week.  YIKES!  This leaves me with 3 more days to complete my classroom.  However, I am determined to do it in 2.  That's right... 3 days total to finish my classroom.  I wanted to post pictures of the process, because too often it seems that you see these amazing classrooms, but have no idea where to begin.  OR you begin to panic when you get started and your room looks like a hurricane came straight through the middle of it!  I chose to begin with organizing this year, because that was the part I wanted to do differently.
Am I the only one who arrives in my classroom on Day 1 rejuvenated, and with so much excitement, and then I spot it...
THE PILE of furniture, boxes, and miscellaneous items.  At this point... all of that rejuvenated excitement is replaced by "Oh my lawd, how will I ever get all of this done?!" 

When I find this pile, my first order of business is to sort out the classroom library books, and get them out of the way.  I know that the books are the very last thing that I need to put out.  Partially, because at the bottom of this pile... are my new bookcases waiting to be assembled.

This is at the end of Day 1.  Along the wall are the cabinets that are waiting to be assembled.


End of Day 1

End of Day 1

End of Day 1

Most of what I did today was organization, and finding places for things!  The next step... beautification, assembling bookcases, and organizing books!!! :)  Anticipating 2 more working days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment